Thursday, April 16, 2009

the little things

Lilian usually has one or two long periods per day where she plays by herself, puttering around. Moving stuffed animals, creating a tent, reading books, whatever. I'm usually not paying much attention to what she's doing and I often find clues later in the day, like this one:

This little image brought a big smile to my face. These two turtles are from 2 different "play sets" and I don't think they've ever been in the same room together. It melted me to think of her helping the baby discover it's mama. And I know that she put them together like that so that they could "kiss". I just wish I had been present for the little girl's narrative!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

if I had found that here I would assume the big turtle was eating the little one...the differences between boys and girls :)

eyeheartorange said...

This is exactly what blogging is about! I love it. Picture is worth a thousand two-year-old words. And I also laughed about Rachel's comment. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.