Monday, October 20, 2008

The Perfect Storm: Grocery Edition

The Perfect Storm that creates a (yikes!) $110+ grocery bill:

Haven't been shopping in almost a week
Lots of butcher shop product on sale (hello, freezer!)
Those black hole coupons for things you don't need (actually, only used the Ben and Jerry's one... I totally need that)
Ran out of expensive staples like (King Arthur) flour and butter.
Had to buy some red wine for a recipe (but I love the fact that I can buy wine at the grocery store... we're not in NY anymore, Toto)
Whaaaat? Cheese is how much money?
Oh, and look, I bought half a PC Homo. (Receipt translation: Half Gallon of Price Chopper Homogenized Milk).

Guess that's what happens when you're stocking up. At least I saved about 15$.

1 comments:

sweet p. said...

been there.
done that.

http://ohsopaqi.blogspot.com/2007/01/mi-primera-bobada.html

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.