Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My First Installation

When I was in undergrad at Cornell, I took a really cool senior design class called Kinetic Sculpture. It was taught by Prof. Francis Moon, who is himself very cool in a quirky kind of way (dude, he's been on Nova).

Anyway, I made three pieces during this class, and one in particular I am very proud of, and so I have kept it for all these years. But, because of the impending move, I really felt like I might end up dumpstering it.

Luckily, I found a really really cool shop downtown whose style totally matched my piece! Nature meets industrial, and so I asked the owner if she wanted it and Lo and Behold a few hours later my wonderful art has a new home right in the entranceway of the store. If you're ever in Ithaca, you should go check it out.

Tuff Soul owner, my art, and me

my art, and it's new owner

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.