Tuesday, February 19, 2008

purge

It feels great to get rid of stuff. It feels even greater when you can get money for the stuff you don't need anymore.

We are moving soon, to another state, and so have begun in earnest the purging process in our house. This means that every day or so I hope to get rid of one thing. A stack of magazines, a bag of rice, what have you. The rate of riddage will increase exponentially as the date of our move gets closer.

Today it was the dog kennel that has been in the basement. Sadie used to need to be in it when we left the house, but she has since mellowed out and can have free run of the house when we are gone, as long as there is no tempting food on the edge of the counter. She no longer shreds shoes to pieces or rifles through the recycling, so we no longer needed the kennel. It is also a bit of an eyesore in the basement, so as we start showing the house to sell, it would be nice to not have it in there. I thought it would be difficult to sell. I had no idea what to ask for it, as I have no idea how much I paid for it. So, $100 on craigslist, and it was gone in less than 8 hours. And now the basement looks SO much better! Yay me! Yay craigslist! Yay commerce!

2 comments:

ma said...

Congrats on the new job and move ! Happy Purging ! Enjoy all the pics of Lilly.

Courtney said...

I am doing the same thing. I am notorious for holding onto things. In fact, I just went on a rampage and ended up getting rid of paperwork that had been moved from MA to FL to CO to MD...it will not be joining us in VA!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.